Monday, August 25, 2008

The puzzle

I needed to look back to understand. I tried my best to read between these lines and try to make sense of the trail of clues you've left behind. This puzzle, this complexity that you've created will truly make any sensible person give up. It is clear that you don't want to be solved so why bother.

But I am not a sensible person. Though I fail again and again, I will forever try till my last breath. Till me eyes run dry of tears, till my blood boils and bones crumble, I will try. I am no hero, I am no lover, I am no genius, I cannot promise you anything because I know I am not perfect. There is only one promise that I'll keep and its a promise I've kept since you've linked this chain between us. I've faded into the dark so many times but you were always there to light the way back. The years that passed were only tolerable because we were there for each other.

Lately, the challenges that were laid upon our paths has made things obscured. Indeed, that chain we made has long become rusted and worn. That light that lit the way had faded and for awhile, I thought it'll never come back. You probably are thinking the same thing. But I know you, like me, still have that tiny glimmer within yourself that will never NEVER go out. Even though you make it seem that darkness has swallowed you, that you are lost and can't find the way, given up, I know you can still find a way back.

How do I know this? Even though you try your best not to show it, even though you turned your back to the me and obscure it from everyone and maybe even yourself, I can hear you. It escapes you only as a whisper to some, but I can hear it screaming out to me. I wasn't there before, and I may have even given up before, but I am here now. Even if you reject it, I will reach out my hand, I will light the way, I will always try.

Because you are that link in my chain that will never break, you are the link that holds everything together, you were there and I've never NEVER forgotten. Believe in yourself, believe in me and try. Cause I wouldn't know what I'd do if you were to disappear like everything else. Please...try...

No comments:

Post a Comment