Friday, April 25, 2008

Stress-induced madness

Who would have thought that by merely changing the number of weeks in a semester from 14 weeks to 12 weeks can have such a profound affect. I mean, when I heard about it last year, I just shrugged it off, whats the big deal? Well, I've hit a wall. Seriously, I feel like I just was running so fast and bashed my head into it. Now I cant do anything right. I'm still trying to catch my breath and no matter how hard I try, I'll still drift off and zone out.

Its been 6 weeks, half of the semester is gone. The stress has built to a max and is visible on everyone. A few weeks ago, I burst a vein on my eye. I thought it was the experimental contact lens I was wearing, it turned out it was stressed induced. I walked around with a bloody eye for a few days. A few of my friends have already broke down and started bawling. Another friend, which I actually found quite funny, had a twitch in her eye that appeared out of nowhere and didnt stop for days.

I have this pain in my stomach, I don't know if its constipation or the runs but hell, its been bothering me for the past 3-4 effin days. I cant concentrate, I cant pick up a book and read it for more than 5-10 minutes. I can't sit on a chair and write no matter how hard I try. I have a midessions tests in next week and load of assignments due which I am making absolutely little or no progress on. I'm not even panicking, I want to panic, because if I panic, I'll do my work. I think I've gone a little funny in the head. I gonna gulp down some panadol and stomach pain pills to see if that'll have any affect. Sigh... I dont want to give up seriously. I just don't know what to do anymore. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal. My apologies to all affected. I'll try my best not to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment