Thursday, October 18, 2007

huh...raya?

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maad Zahir Batin, Eid Mubarak and please forgive for all past wrongdoings to all Muslims. Another overdue post so let's just get on with it.

RAYA-ing in SYDNEY.
What's the difference with Raya in Sydney and in Brunei? Well for one, there's no annoying raya songs playing everywhere, except for Bruneian homes of course. There's no last minute wasting money shopping. There's no pressure to look good in front of 'certain' people. In short, Raya here is way toned down, in fact it is barely significant. Hahah, what would you expect being in a foreign country? I'm just surprised of the strength of the small muslim community here. Though small, it's still good to see all these many different people take time out of their day to get out get together to celebrate this day, pray and so on. All you need for a good Raya is, good spirit, good food and good people to be with. In Brunei it feels forced somehow, a little fake and more of a chore, so if some of you guys are wondering why I'm not getting so teary eyed or semangat for Raya, those are the reasons. Yes, I miss my family and friends, but there's no use repetitive complaining, it get's so annoying sometimes.

Daymn...blogger won't let me upload any pictures. Sorry you guys, hahah, maybe I'll post them at KITA SEDUNIA webpage. Just remembered I havent even updated my links yet. Huhuhu, need to update my layout too, getting bored with it. Alas, busy times lay ahead for me. So don't expect any burst of life from me until December. I got assignments and tests all through the next four weeks, followed by my finals. I'm trying so hard to study and do this all a little better. This course, though a pain in the arse if I have to say it, still is what I have to do. i don't think there's anyway to go back and change my choices...is there? Hahah, well, looks like I'm stuck. I don't what's worse, studying for four years for something I know nothing or have no enthusiasm about (I don't like oil and gas, more of a renewable energy person), or the fact that my whole like has been figured out during and after UNI. A desk job? A fucking desk job? god, I still dread this for some reason. What keeps me going? Well...my family I guess, that's the only reason I'm doing this. So they can lay off me for once. Pressure brabis lah....

What I wish for: People who appreciates people more, More time in a day, a world without Maths and chemistry, other than that, cheers, and see ya when I see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment