Monday, October 26, 2009

Rain rain rain


Started running again today. It's been ages since I last went jogging out by the beach. The air was wet after the rain, and it was an hour before sunset, so it wasn't hot either. Hearing the waves crash on the rocks and my sneakers making that squishy sound as I tread on the wet terrain is quite soothing to me. I spent a majority of the time walking though, because I could only run for so long. Out of shape and out of breath too easily... guess thats the consequence of filling up your lungs with too much cancer sticks.

I took a new path today and headed as far as the headlands after Gordons bay. That was my second time there, but the sight still takes my breath away. I was thinking of treading on further but it was getting dark. As I ran back down the wooden walkways, I was suddenly reminded of my trip to Belalong back in my high school years. The sound when your foot steps on wet planks of wood, and the wet calm environment. Really wished somebody was there to watch this with me, can't believe that I only have a few weeks left before I move away from Coogee. Should have taken advantage of my close proximity to the beach. Gonna make the most of the last weeks before the move. Maybe can run as far to Bondi the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment