Friday, January 02, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 1430/2009 !!!

Heya you guys, Just wanted to wish everyone Selamat Tahun Baru Hijrah 1420 and a Happy New Year 2009. Minta Maaf for any wrong I have done or said in the past and hope that the new years will be better for all of us. This marked the first time that I spent new years out of Brunei and it was my best of luck that I got to spend it in Sydney because I had to redo my maths course! Spent my new years at the Sydney Opera House in Circular Quay, the city of Sydney with my family who were visiting me for the holidays.

Me and my mom. Wearing the cap cuz I was having a bad hair day (on new years, how ironic)

Upon reaching Circular Quay, you could sum up everything in 3 words: "GILA, ATU RAMAI!!!"

We came around 3pm, had to come early to get a good spot. Here you can see people getting ready to welcome the new year with tents, umbrellas and blankets. Luckily, it was hot too, so banyak skin, RrrRRrr

We found a good spot on the top steps of the sydney opera house, where we had a good view of:

The Harbour Bridge, where the fireworks will take place

The spot also overlooked the massive crowds and port. Which is a quite a sight as itself.

To overcome the panasness, we have lotsa drink, food and of course, ICE CREAM!

Had to find stuff to do while waiting. Entry to the place was closed around 5, so lucky we came early.

The day was hot, not a freakin cloud in the sky.

Only got cooler around sun set. Got skywriting in the sky, malas ku upload the whole thing. hehe, one said "Call mum!"

Sunset is beautiful as expected.



And the lights come on!

Never been to Opera House at Night


Kshiiiiing!

Pretty Lighty boat things all over the harbour!


Lights up!

PreShow fireworks @9pm. (Yes they had preshow fireworks!)








More boaaats!!!

and more booaats

After few more hours of lepaking, midnight finally came and the countdown began!

...and we started new year with a bang~!!!







The fireworks lasted for 15 mins+ , expected it to be longer but worth the hours of waiting. The pictures don't show much, but the fireworks was going on everywhere. Even arah buildings lining the harbour. I got most of it on video, nanti ku upload lau ada masa. People singing and cheering, the oos and aas. Simply awesome and a great experience. This was my first new years without my cousins so it felt a bit weird. Also felt weird since I didnt have a jumping screaming partner (my sis is not very expressive), so I cheered with random people.

After fireworks was done, had to make our way through the hordes of people to the buses. My new years eve and new years celebration went well, and I hope yours were awesome to. Miss you guys always! Happy New Year and assalamualaikum!




No comments:

Post a Comment