Monday, April 27, 2009

I can sleep now


I woke up today from a dream, and it was different. It was different cause I realised I haven't had a dream in a long long time. So, a lingering thought stayed with me that day, have I lost myself so much that I've forgotten how to dream?

Something else had been different today, I was awake for once. It was strange... I was aware of the world around me and not tired. A familiar side of me had suddenly reappeared, and I was glad. Then I thought about what I'd done and what had happened to have gotten me to this point. I remembered the dream I had, and it was about you. And I realised I never had this dream before. We were talking face to face, and we picked up the conversation where we left off. You were clearing me off the doubts I've been having ever since. You were giving me an answer, and I was happy. I can't remember whether it was the answer I wanted or not, but I was just happy I got an actual answer. I didn't have to wander, I didn't have to tear myself apart anymore.

So I felt free, and though it was just a dream, I'm happier for some reason. I've been sleeping better, and I'm living better now...I guess. Still a lot of work to do. Maybe it's Allah telling me to get back to normal. Allah has been too kind lately, and I haven't thanked him too much. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment