Thursday, April 16, 2009

A shell of her former self

She was my everything. I held her close to me everyday that I could. I felt her warmth with my fingertips. She was so beautiful.... I could have stared at her beauty forever, we talked with each other for ages, she never let me down. We sing songs and listen to music together. She'd tell me what songs were playing and even though I had no clue, she'd always know what it was. I loved her for that. We had a connection... and I believed it would last forever.


Then that faithful night came, and the whole world came crashing down on us. The winds were blowing hard, we were caught in the middle of a huge downpour. We fought through those heavy rains, the turbulant waters nearly swept us away. It was dark, wet and cold. She struggled through, I didn't think she could bare it anymore. I brought her home as fast as I could. I rested her on my bed, she was weak, but her bright smile still shone through the dark. I thought everything was going to be okay. I collapsed in exhaustion, and fell asleep in the middle of the living room.


I woke up on my own the next day. It was strange... she was usually the one to wake me up. There was an eerie quietness as the pale ray of sunlight peeked through the tiny openings in the curtains. Then I remembered last night, and I ran back to my bed. There she was, lying lifeless. My heart sank as I picked her up. She was unresponsive to my pleas. I held her tightly and begged her to wake up. It was too soon for her to go, we had only done so much together. I cried out to my housemates for help. I felt the tears well up in my eyes, as my sadness and fear of her loss started to came over me.


She was gone they said. She didn't make it. She had swallowed too much water. Memories of the time we spent together flashed through my head. I didn't want to let her go! I opened the curtains and let a flood of warm light fill the room and over my bed where she lay. She is cold, I thought, she just needs to be warm. The sun is shining, I told her, you have to wake up. My friends shook their heads and left me waiting for her to wake up.

I waited for hours, she remained unresponsive and cold. In a desperate attempt to revive her, I used a heating device to warm her. I felt the warm air rising from the bed, the heat engulfing me and her. Suddenly, there was a response... a tiny one, but I knew from that second she was alive. I put down the hairdryer and jumped for joy. MY MOBILE PHONE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!



But alas, this crazy tale does not have a happy ending. She came back to life, but she lost her memory. She doesn't remember who I am or any of our friends. I will care and nurture her and try to bring her back to her former self. Our love for each other kept her alive, and we will keep on living no matter what. BOOOYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment